PHP Developer | Web shop
At Boozt we work in small cross functional teams of up to six developers in a big community. In total we are 176 developers spread across 5 locations. At Boozt, a high standard of code is important, which we manage through the latest technology stacks, internal code reviews and sharing knowledge through hackathons, conferences and weekly talks. Here we love to develop, not only the code but also ourselves as developers.
We are now looking for developers to strengthen the teams working with our web shop. This is an opportunity for you that wants to be a part of one of our most technical teams at Boozt. The team's focus is to work with big data to enable a fast and efficient web shop.
OUR TECH STACK
All our systems are deployed in the Google Cloud Platform. We have adopted Terraform for all the configuration and management of the infrastructure, no manual ad-hoc changes are being done. We are using a mix of Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud Functions, and Kubernetes to deploy our systems, depending on their needs and characteristics. Current plan is to go more towards Kubernetes, we are in the process of containerizing more of our applications. Cloudflare is being used for CDN, authentication, and canary deployments among other things.
The majority of our systems are written in PHP using the Symfony framework. Among other languages that we are using are Elixir, Go, Python, TypeScript, Kotlin, Swift. For the data layer we have a mix of MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Manticore. We try to be pragmatic and pick the technology that suits us best for the specific task. Cross-system communication is happening over Google Pub/Sub and RabbitMQ.
Observability is something we put a lot of focus on. We are actively monitoring the health of our infrastructure and applications using Datadog. We use it to get a good overview of the errors, make sure that deployments are not affecting performance, make sure that the SLOs are not over the limit, investigate and collaborate during major outages.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
● Development and maintenance in PHP, using the Symfony framework.
● Automate manual tasks to help the business users do their everyday work.
● Update and improve new and existing technologies to ensure high system performance.
● Implement new features and functions needed for the company.
● Multiple deployments a day due to continuous integration and an agile workflow.
● You will interact with business units to help determine scopes, plan and specify projects.
● Maintaining and improving system integrations using asynchronous messaging (RabbitMQ and Google Pub/Sub and various APIs).
● At least 3 years work experience with PHP development.
● Experience from working with PHP frameworks, Symfony is a plus.
● Experience in working closely with other business units in order to understand the needs and improve the system.
● BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field desirable.
● Fluent in English since this is our corporate language (only applications in English will be considered).
● Meritorious with enterprise system knowledge.
Welcome to apply for the position!
● Great personal and internal career development
● A culture that incorporates our values of trust, freedom, and responsibility
● Flexible work environment
● Driven and passionate international colleagues
● A generous employee discount
● Wellness allowance and sports activities, HQ onsite masseuse and medical doctor
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
We are one of the leading e-commerce players in the Nordics. We offer our customers fashion, kids, sports, beauty, and home on Boozt.com and Booztlet.com. You can find our headquarters in Malmö, Sweden, our Boozt Innovation Lab in the heart of Copenhagen, a data science team in Aarhus, Denmark, our two tech offices in Vilnius, Lithuania and in Poznan, Poland, and our fully automated warehouse in Ängelholm (one of the worlds biggest AutoStores). Our Boozt family consists of +1100 employees from more than 38+ nationalities; we believe that our diverse teams help us build an innovative and vibrant workplace. Would you like to join us on our exciting journey?
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and inclusiveness.